The British in Westphalia 1945–2017
On Saturday afternoon 21st October there will be free entry and a number of special events on what will be the first day of the exhibition. These will include music from the Band of the King’s Division at various times between 1000 hrs and 1300 hrs.
"Liberators, occupiers, allies, friends and what else? For over seventy years members of the British military and Germans lived next to and with each other in Westphalia. The exhibition looks at how military families lived in Westphalia, where Britons and Germans encountered one another, and what they thought of each other.
Some 200 people – Britons and Germans – have helped with their knowledge, memories, objects, and photos in creating a multifaceted picture of Anglo-German history in Westphalia.
Not least the exhibition asks what remains of the time shared in Westphalia and which memories and mementos will be taken along to Great Britain. What is important and what needs to be remembered?"
- 60 mins.
- Up to 15 people. Larger groups will be divided, with two groups being guided simultaneously.
- Guided tour through the exhibition: 55.00 € plus 2.00 € admission per person.
- Guided tours for school classes, special tours and additional offerings at: www.briten-in-westfalen.de
- Adults: 2,50 / 2 €
- Children up to Age 12: Free Admission.
- School classes: Free Admission.
- Ticket including public tour: 5 €.
- 20.10.2017 – 28.02.2018.
- Am Abdinghof 11, 33098 Paderborn.
- Tel. Stadtmuseum: 05251-881247.