The following guides provide useful information to help you stay safe and to think about what you post online:
Your Cyber checklist:
- ALWAYS install updates, Anti-Virus and update your devices.
- Think before Posting/Tweeting/Sharing information online.
- Use public WiFi with caution and use a Virtual Private Network (VPN) if possible.
- Create strong passwords or passphrases and always log out of websites.
- Secure online profiles, security settings and enable Two-factor Authentication (2FA).
- Use encrypted messaging; WhatsApp instead of SMS.
- Use Voice Over Data (VoD) instead of Voice Over Network (VoN).
- Turn off Geolocating software.
- Use WiFi connectivity instead of Mobile Phone Networks.
- Always use the manufacturer's recommended security settings.
If you suspect that you have been a victim of cybercrime or have received suspicious activity on your personal portable electronic device save the activity as a screenshot, switch off the device, note where you are and the time, and report it.
- The RMP on 05254 982 2223
- 445 MI Section on 05254 982 2768
Cyber Security Questions