Work on Holidays
- Holiday work is work performed between 0000 and 2400 hours on German public holidays, also should these fall on a Sunday, including Easter Sunday and Whit Sunday.
- In units, whose schedule also requires working on holidays (para 1), this work must be performed within the regular weekly working time schedule established within the unit.
- The supplement for holiday work is shown at Art. 20.3.
- For occasional work on holidays, a minimum of three working hours (including supplements) shall be paid.
- Employees, whose regular working time schedule (para 2), includes working on holidays (para 1) for four hours or more, shall receive a working day off for each occurrence (from 0000 to 2400 hours) either in the preceding, the same or the following week.4.
- Payment for the day off shall be as if the day had been a normal working day. The provisions of Art. 27 para 3a shall apply accordingly to this day.4.
- If time off cannot be given, the supplement for work performed on holidays shall be paid in accordance with Art. 20, para 1 f.