- Following the death of an employee, the beneficiaries shall receive a death benefit.
- The following persons are beneficiaries as meant by sub‑para a):
- Members of family, entitled to support – without being needy.
- Persons with whom the deceased shared a joint household prior to death.
- Persons who have furnished the cost of the funeral.
- Payment of death benefit is subject to the condition that at the time of death, the employee had completed a minimum of three months' reckonable employment, as defined in Art. 8.
- If death was caused by a job related accident, the requirement in sub para a) shall not apply.
- The death benefit shall total two regular monthly earnings (Art. 17).
In the event of a fatal working accident three regular monthly earnings (Art. 17).
- Death benefit shall be paid after submission of the official death certificate.
- The payment of the death benefit to one of the beneficiaries (para 1 b) shall nullify the claim of the others.
- Death benefit shall not be paid if death was caused.
- by carrying out secondary work unauthorised in the unit, or
- by the effects of a parallel employment relationship.