Sextortion Phishing Scam
The Sender of the scam will claim:
- They have one of your passwords for your personal email.
- They have placed malware onto your Personal Electronic Device (PED) to record your pornogrpahic activity.
- They have recorded your recent activity stating, "You've got good taste".
- They will also demand that you pay $3000 in BitCoin or transfer via WesternUnion to a specific account, and if you do not they threaten to send your contacts; friends and relatives, a copy of your social media activity.
What to do next?
- Call the National Fraud Intelligence Bureau (NFIB) on +44 (0)300 123 2040.
- Check https://haveibeenpwned.com/ to see if your personal email address has been compromised by data breaches.
- Change your password if it has bene breached, using two factor authentication if available.
- Delete this email.
- Report all incidents to your CoC or your unit security staff.
- 110 Provost Coy RMP - 94879 2223.
- 445 CI Section -.94879 2768.
LadBible's article on phishing scam: