Skip to main content

Have you lost your passport or had it stolen? Has it expired or is it unavailable to allow you to travel urgently? If yes, you may need to apply for an Emergency Travel Document (ETD) for short-term travel.

Please be advised that with immediate effect Emergency Travel Documents (ETDs) are no longer directly obtainable from the Consulate Offices in Düsseldorf.

All applications for ETD’s are now to be made online, by applying using the following link:

Applicants will pay at the time of application for this service. They will then be required to provide the following documentation:

  • a recent passport-quality photo,
  • proof of travel plans, such as booking confirmations (or detailed written travel plans if you can’t book ahead),
  • your passport if you have it,
  • a police report if your passport has been stolen, and
  • proof of residency if your final destination is outside the EU.