On the 17th and 18th October 2018, Dependant Employee Briefings were held in Gütersloh, Bielefeld and Sennelager.
The briefs covered lots of important information for Dependant Employees. We have summarised the key points for any employees that were not able to attend one of the briefs:
- MOD Schools dependants have closure date of 31st August 2019.
- All other dependant employees have a closure date of 31st December 2019.
- Notices to be issued in January 2019 accompanied by a full LSU brief.
- You must remember to tell the LSU when you will no longer be employed by them on posting.
- If you require a reference for a future employment, you will be able to provide an email and phone number for the enduring LSU office located in Mönchengladbach who will be able to confirm key employment details. If you require a more personal reference you are more than welcome to contact your line manager.
- You will also get BFG Form 126 which is a proof of employment within British Forces Germany.
- Employees were reminded that they can opt in to the Appraisal system. A couple of advantages to opting in are:
- Performance feedback against your objectives that could be useful evidence when applying for future employments.
- Agreement of a training plan and identification of personal development.
- Dependant employees are reminded that they are entitled to 5 days of Educational Leave a year, with possibility to carry up to 5 days over to the next year if unused.
- If you have been employed by LSU for two years or more you are entitled to gratuity when you leave. Your gratuity is roughly one-third of your monthly wage for each full year of service. Your gratuity is worked out on your best monthly earning over the last three-year period.
Comd BFG is conducting some Dep Employee Focus Groups following the Climate Assessment Survey which took place in July 2018. The aim is to facilitate informal discussion with Dep employees to understand areas where improvements can be made.