C&I and VLO
- Please make sure that you are giving enough time (AT LEAST 28 DAYS) for the full vehicle deregistration and registration process. This is a time-sensitive process and you will have to complete your registration in the UK if you do not stick to deadlines within BFG.
- Are you rebasing before 29TH JULY? Have you submitted your booking requests to your Leave & Movements Clerk? All hotel and travel bookings for rebasing must be completed at least 28 days before they are required.
- Please make sure that your bookings are as accurate as possible to avoid any late change requests.
- Remember to keep important documents for travel and other things you need unpacked.
- Check the prohibited items list to see what you cannot pack in your unaccompanied baggage.
- You can tell your removals team if you do not want them to pack certain things (i.e. safe places you are keeping everything for your travel), especially if you have an additional pre-pack day and will need certain things for that evening and the morning of your pack.
- Remember the Move Out standards! You can check these with your HEM if you are unsure.
- Make note of your Unit POCs for both BFG and the UK for if something goes wrong!
- Know, or have access to, your travel booking information!
- Set off with enough time for all travel arrangements (ferry, tunnel, flights); plan for delays.
- Be at your new address for 8:30am on the day of delivery!
WE HOPE YOU HAVE A SMOOTH MOVE BACK TO THE UK