Welcome to the British Forces Germany (BFG) Safeguarding Website.
The BFG Safeguarding Childrens Board was set up under the authority of the General Officer Commanding (GOC) in line with Joint Services Publication (JSP) 834. The BFG Safeguarding Board works within the principles under Section 13 of the Children Act 2004.
From September 2014 the Safeguarding Children Board will be known as the Safeguarding Board to mirror the MOD Safeguarding Board and include the needs of vulnerable adults.
The BFG SB agrees how local services and professionals should work together to safeguard and promote the welfare of children. The policies and procedures are developed by the BFG SB and its subgroups and are regularly reviewed and updated in line with national legislation, regulations and guidance in the UK primarily the Children Act 1989 and 2004 and Working Together to Safeguard Children 2015.
All policies and procedures will be reviewed following the release of the Working Together 2018 guidance.
The policies, procedures and guidance are available online and can be accessed at all times.
Safeguarding Children Policy Statement
We are committed to safeguarding children and young people from harm.
We are committed to making people aware of the issues which cause children harm.
We will safeguard children by:
- Following safeguarding children guidelines
- Making staff and the people we serve aware that we take safeguarding children seriously and will always respond to any concerns raised about the welfare of a child
- Involving children and parents appropriately, and sharing information about concerns with agencies who need to know
- Following clear procedures for recruiting and selecting staff
- Making sure staff are effectively managed, supervised, supported and trained
- Seeking the views of our community
We are also committed to reviewing our policy and good practice at regular intervals.
Date of Policy Statement: March 2017 (SOBFG 3351)
This website is designed to provide easy access to useful relevant information to assist children, young people, families, professionals and organisations in relation to all safeguarding matters within the BFG and EJSU areas of responsibility.
Safeguarding Multi-Agency Training
If you are looking for the training calendar please visit: Safeguarding Multi-Agency Training